This morning’s all hands meeting was a huge success. We had 20 people there, including three new people.
For those who couldn’t make it, here is a quick recap of what was announced.
Command Staff Report
- New website – Our website has been completely remade from the ground up to help support new features such as the crew spotlight and a cleaner Command Staff roster. The website is also a central place to put things like a Calendar, Ship’s Store, and our Blog.
- Planning a communications related group activity.
- Current Crew Spotlight is Chris Hake. Send your questions to Communications@ussZebulonPike.org
- Bowling day has been planned for May 9, 2015 at 3pm at Brunswick Zone XL, off Interquest and I-25.
- There will be scientific related events planned for this summer which may include an Astronomy camping trip, museums, or nature hikes. Email Science@ussZebulonPike.org with what events you are interested in.
- Currently working on several props that can be used in our trade show display or possibly given away at conventions.
We are starting to collect membership dues. Members will gain rank with the ship, hold leadership positions, have an official USS Zebulon Pike name badge, and receive discounted convention passes when provided to us.
The cost is $15 per year for the first family member, and $5 per year for each additional family member. There is an additional $10 for the first year per person to cover the cost of the name badge and a vinyl decal for your car.
The money gained from the dues will go to cover expenses such as business cards, photos for our trade show display, and office supplies.
There is a $1 extra charge for paying online to cover PayPal’s service fees.
If you want to become a member sign up on our Join page, or get Jon your money at our next event.
We need to have 15 members pay by May 10 in order to have the best chance of receiving our name badges before Denver Comic Con.
- May 9 – Bowling
- May 10 – Membership Dues deadline to get name badge by DCC
- May 23-25 – Denver Comic Con
- The USS Tiburon is running a Star Trek trade show display at the convention and could use our help. We especially need help on Sunday as I (Jon) will only be there on Saturday and Monday.
- May 31 – CPR Training – Signup deadline has passed for this event.
- June 11 – Movie Camp Jurassic World
- June 13 – Renaissance Festival Opening Weekend
Several people received the Crew Service Award for their outstanding work at GalaxyFest, Colorado Cosmic Con, and Petrie’s 5th Anniversary Game Day.
Shipmate of the Quarter – Carla Anderson
Let it be known that Crewman Recruit Carla Anderson has shown outstanding performance in service to the USS Zebulon Pike and its crew and is being awarded Shipmate of the Quarter for the Spring 2015 quarter.
Crewman Recruit Carla Anderson spent a considerable amount of time constructing dozens of Tribbles to give away during conventions. She also helped get the crew involved in the project by attending movie night to show everyone how to make them. Carla then showed great dedication to the Zebulon Pike by working all six days of GalaxyFest and Colorado Cosmic Con where she not only worked the table to recruit new members but also helped develop relations with other organizations by spreading Tribbles throughout the Cons.
The following promotions were awarded due to participation in the ship during the last several months.
- Joseph Rose has been awarded the rank of Cadet Rank 1
- Matthew Rose has been awarded the rank of Cadet Rank 1
- Carla Anderson has been awarded the rank of Crewman Apprentice
- Yvette Rose has been awarded the rank of Crewman Apprentice
- Mary Schoelkopf has been awarded the rank of Crewman Apprentice
- Larry Anderson “Sarge” has been awarded the rank of Crewman
- Danae Zenor has been awarded the rank of Petty Officer 3rd Class